We went to the Royal Show today. I’ve always loved show time. I look forward to going for months. There’s something magical about it. I look forward to it as much as I look forward to Christmas. And that is a lot.
That first step through the gate is the best. The air is different – it’s aromatic. It’s a combination of different types of food – waffle dogs, frozen bananas, fairy floss, hamburgers, hot chips, freshly squeezed orange juice, jam donuts – intermingling with the smell of livestock.
The familiar smell of hay assaults your nostrils and gets stuck in your throat, making it tickle, and it’s awesome. You wish that the whole day could stay as awesome as it is in this moment, when you first smell the hay. But it doesn’t.
Little legs like to explore and run from ride to ride, trying to shove as much of the experience in as possible. You know that her favourite time of year will be show time because that’s what you were like when you were little. You wanted to taste everything, see everything. You wanted to take as much from this day as you possibly could because in a few short hours your show time would be over for the year. So you let her run.
You end up walking over six kilometres and when you get home you realise that you are sunburt and even though it hurts to move you know that you’ll soon forget the pain and you’ll look forward to the next show time. 364 days away.
1. Going in circles – Stilldez.
2. Wedding pinwheels – Pickled Parlor.
3. Letterpress Collection Trip to the Fair – Blackbird Letterpress.
4. Retro Sweet shop card – Bels Art.
5. Ferris Wheel notecard – The Red Star Designs.
So it’s Friday the 13th today. Oooooo. Spoooooky.
Did you know that according to the Stress Management Center and Phobia Institute in Asheville, North Carolina, an estimated 17 to 21 million people in the United States are affected by a fear of this day making it the most feared day and date in history. Wikipedia says its true.
Are you scared of Friday 13th? Has anything bad ever happened to you on this day?
1. Edgar Allan Poe and the Black Cat – Blue Hour Studio.
2. “Walk” – Smere Tactics.
3. “Waiting Study III” – Clara Lieu Fine Art.
4. The Forgotten Gate to Nowhere – Paintings by Loki.
5. An Unlucky Day – Captain Chaos Artworks.
Left the whole Father’s Day card thing a little late? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered with some pretty sweet printables.
1. Happy Father’s Day Photo Prop Signs by Kindertype.
3. I Wed Fred.
4. Upon A Time Designs.
5. Prints of Beauty.
6. Sweet Scarlet Designs.
Got a birthday coming up? I’ve got 8 of the sweetest birthday cards picked out for you. You’re welcome!
1. Steph Says Hello.
2. Snoogs and Wilde.
3. Bubby and Bean.
4. Monkey Mind Design.
5. The Paper Cup.
6. Happy Dappy Bits.
7. Quill & Fox.
8. Print and Grain.
Sooooo it’s my birthday today. I’m 39 this year. Yep, the big 3.9. The one-year-til-40 panic has well and truly started but it’s cool because I don’t actually feel old. I think my brain stopped aging around 30, at least that’s what it feels like.
I’m not above celebrating myself and my birthday milestones so today’s post is in honour of things I love. I’m dubbing it Krissy’s favourite things (very original, yes?). If I was as rich and as well connected as Oprah I would give you all one of each of these things because without you, dear reader, this blog would be nothing. Thank you. Happy My Birthday to all! xoxo
1. Do or Die notepad by Rifle Paper Co.
2. Chanel – Le Vernis Taboo nail polish.
3. Kate Spade Pop Art Check iPad Sleeve.
4. Alan Ginsberg print by Lucy Loves This.
5. Delfonics Mechanical Pencil – Notemaker.
6. Pieces of Porcelain.
7. It’s All For You – Canton Box Company.
8. Ampersand pillow by Linnea Swedish Design.